2017 Athletics Reflection

2017 Athletics Reflection

Write your reflection on your participation, effort and performance in the 2017 Athletics competitions.

You could reflect on these questions.
  1. How well did I use a growth mindset to stay positive when the competition got tough?
  2. Did I manage to achieve my athletics goals and why/why not?
  3. In what ways did I represent my House well in the competition?
  4. What did I do well and how do I know?
  5. What was challenging and how do I know?
  6. What am I most proud of and why?

Start your writing here:
Our first activity was long jump Mr Muller was our instructor. When we arrived at long jump he told us that when you jump off the mat it doesn’t matter where because it will be measured same from where you jump from.
After the big talk we got straight into it but the first go was practise and then we had two proper goes after that.
Next was discus and our instructor was Mr Brown as we got there we got straight into it. We were in two lines, I was in the first line. After we went to high jump we went to sprint's our instructor was Mr Ladbrook he put us into two lines.
The two lines were long distance and short distance I chose long distance. Long distance was first I was in the second line of sprinters. After the first line of long distance sprinters went my line got ready for the sprint.
When the two wooden sticks clapped we were off I came in first place by far the others were 6 metres behind me.
I got into the finals we lined up for the long distance sprints and then when it was time for us to sprint we got ready wooden sticks clapped again and ended it with a third place victory.
I got into the long distance sprint zones reserve.


The Next Day

The next day we did shot put. Our instructor was Mrs Casey she showed us how to throw the shot put ball and and you have to put it behind your ear and then push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment